European Joint Conferences on Theory And Practice of Software
April 5th – 13th, 2014
— SATELLITE EVENTS —
The ETAPS 2014 Organizing Committee invites proposals for Satellite Events (workshops, tutorials, etc.) that will complement the main conferences. They should fall within the scope of ETAPS. This encompasses all aspects of the system development process, including specification, design, implementation, analysis and improvement, as well as the languages, methodologies and tools which support these activities, covering a spectrum from practically-motivated theory to soundly-based practice. Satellite Events provide an opportunity to discuss and report on emerging research approaches and practical experience relevant to theory and practice of software.
ETAPS 2014 Satellite Events will be held immediately before and after the main conferences, on April 5th-6th and April 12th-13th, 2014.
— SUBMISSION OF SATELLITE EVENT PROPOSALS —
Researchers and practitioners wishing to organize Satellite Events are invited to submit proposals in ASCII, PDF or Postscript format by e-mail to:
A proposal should not exceed two pages and should include:
• Satellite Event name / acronym
• names and contact information of the organizers
• preferred period: April 5th-6th or April 12th-13th
• duration of the workshop: one-day or two-day event
• 120-word description of the workshop topic for later use in publicity material
• a brief explanation of the workshop topic and its relevance to ETAPS
• a schedule for paper submission, notification of acceptance and final versions
• expected number of participants
• any other relevant information, like event format, invited speakers,
• publication policy, demo sessions, special space requirements, etc.
The proposals will be evaluated by the ETAPS 2014 organizing committee on the basis of their assessed benefit for prospective participants to ETAPS 2014. The titles and brief information about accepted Satellite Events will be included in the ETAPS 2014 web site, call for papers and call for participation.
Satellite Events organizers will be responsible for:
– producing the event’s call for papers and call for participations
– advertising the event through specialist mailing lists etc. to complement publicity for ETAPS as a whole hosting and maintaining a web site for the event
– reviewing and making acceptance decisions on submitted papers producing the event proceedings, if any; facilities for printing will be made available by the ETAPS organizers
– scheduling workshop activities in consultation with the local organizers.
Prospective organizers may wish to consult the web pages of previous satellite events as examples:
ETAPS 2013: http://www.etaps.org/2013/
ETAPS 2012: http://www.etaps.org/2012/
ETAPS 2011: http://www.etaps.org/2011/
ETAPS 2010: http://www.etaps10.cs.ucy.ac.
ETAPS 2009: http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/
ETAPS 2008: http://etaps08.mit.bme.hu/
ETAPS 2007: http://www.di.uminho.pt/
ETAPS 2006: http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.
ETAPS 2005: http://www.etaps05.inf.ed.ac.
ETAPS 2004: http://www.lsi.upc.es/etaps04/
ETAPS 2003: http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/
— IMPORTANT DATES —
Satellite Event Proposals Deadline: Marsh 4th, 2013
Notification of acceptance: April 4th, 2013